Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pizza Bread

If you love pizza like my family then you'll love this pizza bread. When my second son was born, two of the meals that were brought in were this pizza bread and we were so excited to have it! It was amazing and I had to have the recipe. We recently had it for my oldest's 4th birthday party and I knew I had to share the goodness! It's so versatile and easy. (picture to come)

-2 Rhodes frozen bread loaves
-1 1/2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 eggs
-1/8 C Parmesan Cheese (I use 1/4 C)
-Pizza toppings of choice
-Cheese

Put bread loaves on the counter and let thaw (not rise) -- takes 3-4 hours. Roll out dough into a rectangle (long enough so it fits the length of a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan). Spread the egg mixture on dough with pastry brush.

Down the middle of dough put whatever toppings you want and then top with whatever blend of cheese you prefer on your pizza (I use about two big handfuls). Then fold sides over each other and fold ends (you can braid the dough if you'd like). Put more egg mixture on top of dough.

Repeat for the second loaf.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Serves: 4-6/loaf

*Serve with marinara sauce on the side.
**If you really want you could probably put pizza sauce inside the bread but we prefer it without.
***Ideal for when you need to take a meal in to a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment