Monday, June 7, 2010

Cupcakes & Cake Bites


My son's birthday was yesterday and we had a little BBQ with a few friends. I wanted to keep it really simple, but fun for him. We made these cupcakes and they were not only beautiful, but absolutely delicious. All I needed to get with these were a few brightly-colored table top covers and some Mickey Mouse balloons and everyone foolishly thought I outdid myself. I have made a really complicated chocolate cupcake one time from scratch and these were not only easy, but someone at the party said, "These are the best cupcakes I have ever had." Wow :)

I also made these cake bites from Bakerella. The first 10 were practice because I didn't stick the lollipop stick far enough into the cake, but they came out looking really good after I figured that out. I bought some rainbow colored jelly bellies (the sour ones would look best, but I just put together different colors) and put them in a glass bowl. Then I put the pops in like a flower arrangement. I wish I had taken a picture, but my battery died! If you need a fun theme, here you go!

I won't post the recipes because they do need instruction so I'll just post the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment