Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quick Pulled Pork Chica-dillas


I had some leftover pulled pork and I was out of buns so I typed in what I wanted to use into www.foodnetwork.com and up came this recipe. It was a little spicy, but so yummy and super easy considering my pork was already cooked and all I had to do was reheat it and reduce the sauce. Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • (2 to 3-pound) pork tenderloin, cut in 1 1/2-inch slices, quartered
  • 1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (I substituted ginger ale.)
  • 2 tablespoons papaya nectar or juice (I just used some passion fruit juice in the fridge, because I couldn't find papaya juice anywhere. I also used apricot BBQ sauce so that probably helped.)
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 cup regular barbecue sauce
  • 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, seeded and chopped (This is what really adds heat, so if you would like to do less, go ahead)
  • 2 teaspoons Delicioso Adobo, recipe follows
  • 20 flour tortillas
  • 2 cups grated queso fresco or farmer's cheese
  • 3 avocados, thinly sliced (more if you are like me and love avocados, they really balance out the heat.)
  • Cilantro leaves

Directions

Mix all ingredients (except tortillas, cheese, avocados, and cilantro) together in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Shred the pork, using 2 forks, or mashing with a potato masher. Put shredded pork back into sauce and mix ingredients. Cover up and cook on low for another 10 to 15 minutes.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook a tortilla about 2 minutes on each side. Spoon some pork onto the tortilla and top with 4 to 5 avocado pieces and cilantro. Heat up another tortilla until toasted and add cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Place the second tortilla cheese side down on top of the pork and avocado. Cut into 4 slices and repeat process. Garnish with cilantro and serve.

Delicioso Adobo:

  • 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin powder
  • 1 teaspoon achiote powder from annatto seed (I couldn't find this either. I used less than 1 tsp, maybe half of cayenne pepper.)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper

Add all ingredients and mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment