Thursday, January 15, 2009

Orange Smoothie

We have the hardest time using all the bananas we buy before they turn brown and we have to use them for banana bread. However, I have found a good way to use them that's not making banana bread. I got this smoothie recipe from my mom and I love it. My little guy downed a whole sippy of this in no time.

1 C milk
1/3 C orange drink mix (i.e. Tang, fruit drink mix from the cannery, etc.)
1 banana
1/3 C sugar (optional - I just put a teaspoon in my cup)
1 capful coconut flavoring
4 C crushed ice.

Blend to desired thickness. Serves: 3-4

1 comment:

  1. I tried this Tammy - it was a great twist on smoothies - something I do is peel my bananas and cut them in half, then freeze them in plastic wrap & add them to smoothies at anytime. I didn't use coconut flavoring because I didn't have any, but I'll have to try it. Also, my mom has me hooked on flax seed and wheat germ - two tsp in any smoothie, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, granola, whatever and it cleans you out regularly.

    ReplyDelete