Mini Corn Dogs with Sweet & Spicy Relish
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup pickled hot peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled sweet peppers, diced
For Corn Dogs:nocoupons
- 1 egg
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package cocktail franks
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 20 (6-inch) wooden skewers
In a small bowl combine ketchup and pickled peppers. Mix well and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, corn muffin mix, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. In a separate shallow dish add flour. Insert wooden skewers half way into cocktail franks.
Heat oil to 375 degrees F in a deep-fryer. Dredge each cocktail frank in flour, dust off excess then dip into cornmeal batter. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the relish.